2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 14 - CORPORATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, AND ASSOCIATIONS
CHAPTER 3 - NONPROFIT CORPORATIONS
ARTICLE 15 - FOREIGN CORPORATIONS
PART 1 - CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORITY
§ 14-3-1503 - Application for certificate of authority
. Application for certificate of authority
(a) A foreign corporation may apply for a certificate of authority to transact business in this state by delivering an application to the Secretary of State for filing. The application must set forth:
(1) The name of the foreign corporation or, if its name is unavailable for use in this state, a corporate name that satisfies the requirements of Code Section 14-3-1506
(2) The name of the state or country under whose law it is incorporated;
(3) Its date of incorporation;
(4) The mailing address of its principal office;
(5) The address of its registered office in this state and the name of its registered agent at that office; and
(6) The names and respective business addresses of its chief executive officer, chief financial officer, and secretary, or individuals holding similar positions.
(b) The foreign corporation shall deliver with the completed application a certificate of existence (or a document of similar import) duly authenticated by the secretary of state or other official having custody of corporate records in the state or country under whose law it is incorporated.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer