2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 15 - COURTS
CHAPTER 11 - JUVENILE PROCEEDINGS
ARTICLE 5 - CHILD ADVOCATE FOR THE PROTECTION OF CHILDREN
§ 15-11-171 - Definitions
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Advocate" or "child advocate" means the Child Advocate for the Protection of Children established under Code Section 15-11-172
(2) "Agency" shall have the same meaning and application as provided for in paragraph (1) of subsection (a) of Code Section 50-14-1
(3) "Child" or "children" means an individual receiving protective services from the division, for whom the division has an open case file, or who has been, or whose siblings, parents, or other caretakers have been the subject of a report to the division within the previous five years.
(4) "Department" means the Department of Human Services.
(5) "Division" means the Division of Family and Children Services of the Department of Human Services.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer