2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 14 - CORPORATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, AND ASSOCIATIONS
CHAPTER 3 - NONPROFIT CORPORATIONS
ARTICLE 11 - MERGER
§ 14-3-1105 - Effect of merger
. Effect of merger
(a) When a merger governed by this chapter takes effect:
(1) Every other corporation or entity party to the merger merges into the surviving corporation or entity and the separate existence of every corporation except the surviving corporation or entity ceases;
(2) The title to all real estate and other property owned by, and every contract right possessed by, each corporation or entity party to the merger is vested in the surviving corporation or entity without reversion or impairment, without further act or deed, and without any conveyance, transfer, or assignment having occurred, subject to any and all conditions to which the property was subject prior to the merger;
(3) The surviving corporation or entity has all liabilities and obligations of each corporation or entity party to the merger;
(4) A proceeding pending against any corporation or entity party to the merger may be continued as if the merger did not occur or the surviving corporation or entity may be substituted in the proceeding for the corporation or entity whose existence ceased; and
(5) The articles of incorporation and bylaws or governing agreements of the surviving corporation or entity are amended to the extent provided in the plan of merger.
(b) For purposes of this Code section, the definitions contained in Code Section 14-3-1108
shall be applicable.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer