2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 14 - CORPORATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, AND ASSOCIATIONS
CHAPTER 3 - NONPROFIT CORPORATIONS
ARTICLE 11 - MERGER
§ 14-3-1101 - Definitions; plan of merger
. Definitions; plan of merger
(a) Subject to the limitations set forth in Code Section 14-3-1102
, one or more corporations may merge into another corporation if the plan of merger is approved as provided in Code Section 14-3-1103
(b) The plan of merger must set forth:
(1) The name of each corporation planning to merge and the name of the surviving corporation into which each plans to merge;
(2) The terms and conditions of the planned merger; and
(3) The manner and basis, if any, of converting the memberships of each corporation into obligations, memberships, or other securities of the surviving or any other corporation or into cash or other property in whole or in part.
(c) The plan of merger may set forth:
(1) Amendments to the articles of incorporation of the surviving corporation; and
(2) Other provisions relating to the merger.
(d) Any of the terms of the plan of merger may be made dependent upon facts ascertainable outside of the plan of merger, provided that the manner in which such facts shall operate upon the terms of the merger is clearly and expressly set forth in the plan of merger. As used in this subsection, the term "facts" includes, but is not limited to, the occurrence of any event, including a determination or action by any person or body, including the corporation.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer