2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 14 - CORPORATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, AND ASSOCIATIONS
CHAPTER 2 - BUSINESS CORPORATIONS
ARTICLE 8 - DIRECTORS AND OFFICERS
PART 2 - MEETINGS AND ACTION OF THE BOARD
§ 14-2-824 - Quorum and voting
. Quorum and voting
(a) Unless this chapter, the articles of incorporation, or bylaws require a greater number or unless otherwise specifically provided in this chapter, a quorum of a board of directors consists of:
(1) A majority of the fixed number of directors if the corporation has a fixed board size; or
(2) A majority of the number of directors prescribed or, if no number is prescribed, the number in office immediately before the meeting begins, if the corporation has a variable-range size board.
(b) The articles of incorporation or bylaws may authorize a quorum of a board of directors to consist of no fewer than one-third of the fixed or prescribed number of directors determined under subsection (a) of this Code section.
(c) If a quorum is present when a vote is taken, the affirmative vote of a majority of directors present is the act of the board of directors unless this chapter, the articles of incorporation, or bylaws require the vote of a greater number of directors.
(d) A director who is present at a meeting of the board of directors or a committee of the board of directors when corporate action is taken is deemed to have assented to the action taken unless:
(1) He objects at the beginning of the meeting (or promptly upon his arrival) to holding it or transacting business at the meeting;
(2) His dissent or abstention from the action taken is entered in the minutes of the meeting; or
(3) He delivers written notice of his dissent or abstention to the presiding officer of the meeting before its adjournment or to the corporation immediately after adjournment of the meeting.
The right of dissent or abstention is not available to a director who votes in favor of the action taken.
(e) If a written agreement meeting the requirements of Code Section 14-2-731
provides that any directors shall have more or less than one vote on any matter, every reference in this chapter to a majority or other proportion of directors shall refer to a majority or other proportion of the votes of directors.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer