2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 14 - CORPORATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, AND ASSOCIATIONS
CHAPTER 2 - BUSINESS CORPORATIONS
ARTICLE 11 - MERGER AND SHARE EXCHANGE
PART 1 - MERGER AND SHARE EXCHANGE
§ 14-2-1106 - Effect of merger or share exchange
. Effect of merger or share exchange
(a) When a merger governed by this article takes effect:
(1) Every other corporation or entity party to the merger merges into the surviving corporation or entity and the separate existence of every corporation or entity except the surviving corporation or entity ceases;
(2) The title to all real estate and other property owned by, and every contract right possessed by, each corporation or entity party to the merger is vested in the surviving corporation or entity without reversion or impairment, without further act or deed, and without any conveyance, transfer, or assignment having occurred;
(3) The surviving corporation or entity has all liabilities of each corporation or entity party to the merger;
(4) A proceeding pending against any corporation or entity party to the merger may be continued as if the merger did not occur or the surviving corporation or entity may be substituted in the proceeding for the corporation or entity whose existence ceased;
(5) The articles of incorporation or other governing documents of the surviving corporation or entity are amended to the extent provided in the plan of merger; and
(6) The shares of each corporation party to the merger and the shares of each of the entities party to the merger that are to be converted into shares, obligations, or other securities of the surviving or any other corporation or into cash or other property are converted and the former holders of the shares are entitled only to the rights provided in the plan of merger or to their rights otherwise provided by law.
(b) When a share exchange takes effect, the shares of each acquired corporation are exchanged as provided in the plan, and the former holders of the shares are entitled only to the share exchange rights provided in the plan of share exchange or to their rights under Article 13 of this chapter.
(c) For purposes of this Code section, the definitions contained in Code Section 14-2-1109
shall be applicable.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer