2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 12 - CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER 8 - WASTE MANAGEMENT
ARTICLE 9 - GEORGIA HAZARDOUS SITE REUSE AND REDEVELOPMENT
§ 12-8-204 - Powers and duties of director
. Powers and duties of director
(a) The director shall have the power and duty:
(1) To make determinations, in accordance with procedures and criteria enumerated in this article and rules and regulations promulgated pursuant to this article, as to whether a prospective purchaser qualifies for a limitation of liability;
(2) To make determinations, in accordance with procedures and criteria enumerated in this article and rules and regulations promulgated pursuant to this article, as to whether a proposed corrective action plan is sufficient to bring the qualifying property into compliance with the risk reduction standards;
(3) To ensure that all actions in an approved corrective action plan are completed within the time specified, the corrective action requirements are implemented, and the risk reduction standards are achieved and certified for a qualifying property prior to concurrence with a certification of compliance;
(4) To approve corrective action plans;
(5) To concur with certifications of compliance; and
(6) To assess and collect application review fees from prospective purchasers.
(b) The powers and duties described in subsection (a) of this Code section may be exercised and performed by the director through such duly authorized agents and employees as the director deems necessary and proper.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer