2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 12 - CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER 6 - FOREST RESOURCES AND OTHER PLANT LIFE
ARTICLE 4 - HARVEST AND SALE OF PINE STRAW
§ 12-6-200 - Definitions
As used in this article, the term:
(1) "Director" means the director of the State Forestry Commission.
(2) "Harvesting" means the various methods or processes of gathering pine straw for preservation, storage, use, or sale.
(3) "Landowner" means the person who owns land on which pine straw is harvested or the person having possession, control, or use of such land who has lawful authority to grant permission to harvest pine straw from the land.
(4) "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, or any other legal entity.
(5) "Pine straw" means the dead needles of coniferous evergreen trees which have separated from the trees to which they were originally attached.
(6) "Pine straw dealer" means a person who purchases or otherwise obtains pine straw from a seller for the purpose of selling such pine straw at retail or for the purpose of selling such pine straw to another pine straw dealer or for both such purposes. "Pine straw dealer" also includes any person who purchases pine straw directly from a landowner for the purpose of selling such pine straw at retail.
(7) "Seller" means a person who exchanges pine straw for money or for any other valuable consideration.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer