2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 12 - CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER 5 - WATER RESOURCES
ARTICLE 4 - COASTAL WATERS, BEACHES, AND SAND DUNES
PART 2 - SHORE PROTECTION
§ 12-5-234 - Powers and duties of department
. Powers and duties of department
(a) The department shall have the following authority:
(1) To administer and enforce this part and all rules, regulations, and orders issued pursuant to this part;
(2) To accept moneys from persons, government units, and private organizations;
(3) To conduct public hearings and to institute and to prosecute court actions as may be necessary to enforce compliance with this part and any rules and regulations promulgated pursuant to this part; provided, however, that all such actions shall be in the name of the department;
(4) To make reasonable inspections of the lands within jurisdiction of this part to ascertain whether the requirements of this part and the rules, regulations, and permits promulgated or issued pursuant to this part are faithfully complied with; and
(5) To exercise all incidental powers necessary to carry out the purposes of this part.
(b) The foregoing powers and duties may be exercised and performed by the department through such duly authorized agents and employees as it deems necessary and proper.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer