2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 12 - CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER 3 - PARKS, HISTORIC AREAS, MEMORIALS, AND RECREATION
ARTICLE 11 - GEORGIA AGRIRAMA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
§ 12-3-654 - Composition; officers; bylaws; quorum; expense allowance and travel cost reimbursement for members; compensation of employees; legal representation
. Composition; officers; bylaws; quorum; expense allowance and travel cost reimbursement for members; compensation of employees; legal representation
(a) The authority shall consist of 15 members as follows:
(1) The commissioner of the Department of Natural Resources or his or her designee;
(2) The president of the Georgia Farm Bureau Federation or his or her designee;
(3) A member of the Public Service Commission to be appointed by the Governor;
(4) The director of the Tourist Division of the Department of Economic Development;
(5) The director of the Coastal Plains Experiment Station;
(6) A member of the Chamber of Commerce of Tift County to be appointed by the board of directors of that organization;
(7) The director of the State Soil and Water Conservation Commission; and
(8) Eight members to be appointed by the Governor, two of whom shall be residents of Tift County, and another who shall have a background in public education. The members appointed by the Governor shall be appointed for a term of four years and shall remain in office until the appointment and qualification of their successors. Appointments by the Governor to fill vacancies on the authority shall be for the unexpired term.
(b) The authority shall elect one of its members as chairperson and another as vice chairperson. It shall also elect a secretary and a treasurer who need not be members. The offices of secretary and treasurer may be combined in one person.
(c) The authority may make such bylaws for its government as it deems necessary but is under no duty to do so.
(d) Any eight members of the authority shall constitute a quorum necessary for the transaction of business. A majority vote of those present at any meeting at which there is a quorum shall be sufficient to do and perform any action permitted to the authority by this article. No vacancy on the authority shall impair the right of a quorum to transact any and all such business.
(e) The members of the authority shall receive no compensation for their services, but all members shall be entitled to the expense allowance and travel cost reimbursement provided for members of certain boards and commissions pursuant to Code Section 45-7-21
while in the performance of their duties. Employees of the authority shall receive reasonable compensation for their services, the amount to be determined by the members of the authority.
(f) The Attorney General shall provide legal services for the authority. In connection therewith, Code Sections 45-15-13
shall be fully applicable.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer