2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 12 - CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER 3 - PARKS, HISTORIC AREAS, MEMORIALS, AND RECREATION
ARTICLE 6 - MEMORIALS
PART 4 - STONE MOUNTAIN MEMORIAL ASSOCIATION
§ 12-3-191 - Definitions
As used in this part, the term:
(1) "Association" means the Stone Mountain Memorial Association created by this part or any authority or body in which the duties and liabilities of the association created hereby may hereafter become vested.
(2) "Bonds" or "revenue bonds" means any bonds issued by the association under this part, including refunding bonds.
(3) "Cost of project" means the cost of acquiring, constructing, developing, improving, equipping, adding to, extending, remodeling, managing, and operating the project or any part thereof, including, without being limited to, the cost of all lands, properties, franchises, easements, and rights in property; the cost of all machinery and equipment necessary for constructing, improving, developing, adding to, remodeling, managing, maintaining, and operating the project; financing charges and interest accruing on any bonds issued by the association prior to and during the period estimated as necessary to complete the construction, development, and improvement of the project, and for one year thereafter; the cost of plans and specifications; the cost of engineering, engineers, and architects; legal fees; other expenses necessary or incident to determining the feasibility or practicality of the project or any part thereof; administrative expenses; and such other expenses as may be necessary or incidental to the financing authorized by this part, including fiscal agents' fees and the estimated cost of operating the project for a period not exceeding 12 months, and the expense of construction, development, improvement, management, maintenance, operation, or any other action permitted by this part with respect to the project and the placing of the same in operation, and including any other expense authorized by this part to be incurred by the association which is incurred with respect to any action as regards the project. Any obligation or expense incurred for any of the foregoing purposes shall be regarded as a cost of the project and may be paid or reimbursed as such out of the proceeds of bonds issued under this part for such project.
(4) "Governing authority of a county" means the commissioner, board of commissioners, commission, or other person or body of persons at the time entrusted by law with the administration of the fiscal affairs of any county.
(5) "Governing authority of a municipality" means the council, board of aldermen, or other person or body of persons at the time entrusted by law with the administration of the fiscal affairs of any municipal corporation.
(6) "Master plan" means that document created by Robert and Company and adopted by the association in December, 1992, consisting of districts and plans for various construction projects as amended prior to January 1, 1995, and as it may be amended from time to time pursuant to Code Section 12-3-194.2
(7) "Project" means Stone Mountain and property adjacent thereto acquired by the association and all accommodations, utilities, facilities, services, and equipment necessary or convenient, and all property, real, personal, or mixed, used or useful, including franchises and easements, in constructing, erecting, improving, remodeling, developing, equipping, adding to, extending, maintaining, managing, and operating Stone Mountain, located in DeKalb County, Georgia, and property adjacent thereto, as a Confederate memorial and public recreational area, and the construction, improvement, development, maintenance, management, operation, and extension of any part thereof, as to which the association has undertaken or agreed to undertake any action permitted by this part.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer