2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 12 - CONSERVATION AND NATURAL RESOURCES
CHAPTER 2 - DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
ARTICLE 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS
§ 12-2-7 - Duty to advise Governor on environmental matters
. Duty to advise Governor on environmental matters
(a) The department shall have the duty of providing special counsel to the Governor concerning environmental matters affecting the state.
(b) In providing counsel to the Governor on environmental matters, the department shall:
(1) Advise the Governor on comprehensive environmental policy for the state;
(2) Develop guidelines for balancing environmental quality with economic development;
(3) Study and from time to time report to the Governor on environmental conditions and trends in the state;
(4) Make or recommend such special environmental studies as it deems appropriate or desirable; and
(5) Recommend environmental policies for improvement and maintenance of the quality of environmental conditions within the state.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer