2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 11 - COMMERCIAL CODE
ARTICLE 9 - SECURED TRANSACTIONS
PART 6 - DEFAULT
PART 1 - DEFAULT AND ENFORCEMENT OF SECURITY INTEREST
§ 11-9-623 - Right to redeem collateral
. Right to redeem collateral.
(a) Persons that may redeem. A debtor, any secondary obligor, or any other secured party or lienholder may redeem collateral.
(b) Requirements for redemption. To redeem collateral, a person shall tender:
(1) Fulfillment of all obligations secured by the collateral; and
(2) The reasonable expenses and attorney's fees described in paragraph (1) of subsection (a) of Code Section 11-9-615
(c) When redemption may occur. A redemption may occur at any time before a secured party:
(1) Has collected collateral under Code Section 11-9-607
(2) Has disposed of collateral or entered into a contract for its disposition under Code Section 11-9-610
(3) Has accepted collateral in full or partial satisfaction of the obligation it secures under Code Section 11-9-622
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer