2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 10 - COMMERCE AND TRADE
CHAPTER 6 - AGENCY
ARTICLE 4 - RIGHTS AND LIABILITIES OF AGENT AS TO THIRD PERSONS
§ 10-6-82 - Agent's right of action on principal's contracts
. Agent's right of action on principal's contracts
Generally, an agent shall have no right of action on contracts made for his principal. The following are exceptions:
(1) A factor contracting on his own credit;
(2) Where promissory notes or other evidences of debt are made payable to an agent of a corporation;
(3) In all cases where the contract is made with the agent in his individual name, though his agency be known;
(4) Auctioneers may sue in their own names for goods sold by them;
(5) In cases of agency coupled with an interest in the agent, known to the party contracting with him.
In all these cases, payment to the principal before notice of the agent's claim is a good defense.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer