2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 10 - COMMERCE AND TRADE
CHAPTER 5A - COMMODITIES AND COMMODITY CONTRACTS AND OPTIONS
ARTICLE 2 - ENFORCEMENT
§ 10-5A-25 - Cooperation with agencies, administrators, and organizations
. Cooperation with agencies, administrators, and organizations
(a) To encourage uniform application and interpretation of this chapter and securities regulation and enforcement in general, the Commissioner and the employees of the Commissioner may cooperate, including bearing the expense of the cooperation, with the securities agencies or administrator of another jurisdiction, Canadian province or territory, or such other agencies administering laws similar to this chapter, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the Securities and Exchange Commission, any self-regulatory organization established under the Commodity Exchange Act or the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, any national or international organization of commodities or securities officials or agencies, and any governmental law enforcement agency.
(b) The cooperation authorized by subsection (a) of this Code section shall include, but need not be limited to, the following:
(1) Making joint examinations or investigations;
(2) Holding joint administrative hearings;
(3) Filing and prosecuting joint litigation;
(4) Sharing and exchanging personnel;
(5) Sharing and exchanging information and documents;
(6) Formulating and adopting mutual regulations, statements of policy, guidelines, proposed statutory changes, and releases; and
(7) Issuing and enforcing subpoenas at the request of the agency administering laws similar to this chapter in another jurisdiction, the securities agency of another jurisdiction, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, or the Securities and Exchange Commission if the information sought would also be subject to lawful subpoena for conduct occurring in this state.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer