2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 10 - COMMERCE AND TRADE
CHAPTER 1 - SELLING AND OTHER TRADE PRACTICES
ARTICLE 14 - SECONDARY METALS RECYCLERS
§ 10-1-351 - Record of transactions
. Record of transactions
(a) A secondary metals recycler shall maintain a legible record of all purchase transactions to which such secondary metals recycler is a party. Such record shall include the following information:
(1) The name and address of the secondary metals recycler;
(2) The date of the transaction;
(3) The weight, quantity, or volume and a description of the type of regulated metal property purchased in a purchase transaction. For purposes of this paragraph, the term "type of regulated metal property" shall include a general physical description, such as wire, tubing, extrusions, or castings;
(4) The amount of consideration given in a purchase transaction for the regulated metal property;
(5) A signed statement from the person receiving consideration in the purchase transaction stating that he or she is the rightful owner of the regulated metal property or is entitled to sell the regulated metal property being sold;
(6) A photocopy of a valid personal identification card of the person delivering the regulated metal property to the secondary metals recycler;
(7) The distinctive number from, and type of, the personal identification card of the person delivering the regulated metal property to the secondary metals recycler; and
(8) The vehicle license tag number, state of issue, and the type of vehicle, if available, used to deliver the regulated metal property to the secondary metals recycler. For purposes of this paragraph, the term "type of vehicle" shall mean an automobile, pickup truck, van, or truck.
(b) A secondary metals recycler shall maintain or cause to be maintained the information required by subsection (a) of this Code section for not less than two years from the date of the purchase transaction.
(c) When the metal being purchased is a motor vehicle, the person offering to sell the motor vehicle to a secondary metals recycler shall either provide the title to such motor vehicle or fully execute a cancellation of certificate of title for scrap vehicles form as promulgated by the Department of Revenue, Motor Vehicle Division, designated as MV-1SP, in accordance with Code Section 40-3-36
. The secondary metals recycler shall forward the title or MV-1SP form to the Department of Revenue within 72 hours of receipt of the title or form.
Graham Syfert - Jacksonville Lawyer